WHO WE ARE
A WPP PLC subsidiary; pushing new frontiers as Africa's leading marketing and communication group through culture centric innovation, creativity and collaboration.
WPP-Scangroup is a full-service creative transformation company, focused on building better futures for our clients.
With outstanding creativity, deep insights and advanced technology, we bring together brilliant people to build dynamic, new and lasting relationships between our clients and their audiences.
Our core capabilities include:
- Brand Stewardship & Communications, Customer engagement & Experience, Technology, Commerce & Advisory: Ogilvy Africa, JWT Scanad & Squad
- Media Investment Management (Media, Content & Technology): Group M, Mediacom, Mindshare, Wavemaker (MEC)
- PR, Influence & Government Practice: Ogilvy and H+K Strategies
- Shopper Marketing &Engagement: Geometry
- Consumer Research, Market Data & Insights: Kantar (TNS & Millward Brown)
WHERE WE ARE
We remain close to our markets by maintaining facilities in strategic locations.
The group has physical presence in 25 countries in Sub Saharan Africa:
- 12 Majority owned: Cameroon, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- 2 minority owned: Namibia and Zimbabwe
- 12 Affiliates: Angola, Botswana, Congo, DRC, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Niger, Sierra Leone, Sudan
We excel in what we do because no one understands Africa and the African consumer like we do.
We use the expertise and knowledge that we have garnered through the years, to respond to your business needs swiftly, serving markets effectively and with quality.
We are one team, combining our strength to inspire and enable our partners be successful, achieve their ambitions and rise to new challenges.
WPP-Scangroup saw its beginning as a private limited liability company in January 1999, trading as Media Initiative East Africa Limited.
In October 2005, the company changed its name to Scangroup Limited. Scangroup then listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange in August 2006 and is currently the only marketing services company listed on the exchange.
In late 2013, Scangroup became a subsidiary of WPP and subsequently renamed itself to WPP-Scangroup PLC in June 2015.